Haig Point Careers
For over thirty years Haig Point Club and Community has fostered an environment in which employees can grow both personally and professionally. From extensive training to an impressive benefits package, employees at Haig Point are deeply valued. Feel free to contact human resources at [email protected] for more information.
Haig Point is a private residential community located on Daufuskie Island, SC. Featured in the Wall Street Journal, Golf Digest, Forbes Magazine, and in Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 Golf Courses in the World,” Haig Point is one of the most historical and beautiful islands in the Low Country. Just over one nautical mile from Hilton Head, Haig Point is surrounded by beauty and tranquility at every turn.
Accessible only by boat, all members and their guests travel by private ferry. The Members at Haig Point enjoy a wealth of activities and amenities that include, Equestrian Center, Beach Club, Calibogue Club, Club House, Croquet Court, Fitness Center, Tennis Courts and a Rees Jones 29 hole golf course.
At Haig Point, Our guiding mantra is “Achieving Club Excellence.” Our goal is to provide members and guests with GENUINE care and service, by always providing the very best service possible; continually challenging ourselves to do better, and our commitment to self-development and teamwork.
Haig Point Club & Community Association is proud to offer an extraordinary internship opportunity for qualified individuals looking to gain experience and/or further their knowledge in the Private Club Industry. This 16-week program is designed to extend and expand the intern’s education while providing opportunities for them to reinforce their strengths.
The interns in this program will be an extension of Haig Point’s full-time staff and will work directly with our team of highly trained professionals to gain day-to-day experience of its Club operations.
All internship positions will be located at Haig Point on Daufuskie Island.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to maintain a professional image and interact with members and Guests at all times
- Ability to deliver consistent and personalized attention to Members and Guest
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) where applicable
- Positions are open to Undergraduate, graduate students and recent graduates.
- Ability to commit to a 16-week work schedule
- Availability to work up to 40 hours per week. Overtime opportunities may arise.
- Have a Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work weekends and evenings and holidays as needed
- Knowledge/Exposure to CLUB Operations
- Housing and paid utilities during the duration of the internship
- College Credit where applicable
- Hourly Pay (varies by position and experience)
Each internship program is 16 weeks, if you have questions on flexibility or conflicts please contact us.
Spring March – June
Application Deadline January 31st
Summer June – September
Application Deadline May 1st